Essential Points of the Body — Meditation Posture
The seven essential points are:
1. The legs in a cross-legged position.
2. The hands in the gesture of meditation (dhyana mudra) palms facing up, the right hand placed on top of the left, thumbs touching each other — rest hands four fingers below the navel.
3. The upper arms away from the body.
4. The body straight, the posture proper — without leaning left, right, front, or back.
5. The head bent slightly forward.
6. The eyes slightly closed with the gaze directed toward the tip of the nose.
7. The tip of the tongue touching the palate — breathe normally, neither too quickly nor slowly. This allows every part of the body to relax; it also calms the mind very quickly.